Monday, June 11, 2007

Beginnings



I've written fiction since I was seven years old and wrote my first story, "Miricle [sic] at Porter's Airport," a seven- or eight-page masterpiece :) that was fully illustrated with photos of various rescue scenes, islands, airplane landings, etc. A theme was "rescue." Today I've dedicated this blog to telling my story of starting up with fiction writing once again, for "real" this time, at age 40. I have taught writing, I've edited countless papers, I've written many articles, and I'll continue to work on nonfiction.
But this space is mostly just for fiction. I'd love to hear comments from any other fiction afficionados and/or writers out there.

My work in progress is a novel for preteens. I wrote three pages today, bringing the grand total up to 8!

A few weeks ago, I joined the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.

This week, I'm listening in on a teleconference on travel writing and going to a workshop on freelance writing.

I even got some wonderful design software lately, the whole Adobe Design Premium Suite. I've done plenty of desktop design, so I'm looking forward to using all the new Adobe tools.

Any advice is welcome as I take on these challenges!

In fact, HELP!!!

No comments: